Monday, August 27, 2012

View from my bedroom window...

Yep...it's a desert.  Although I'll bet that by next spring, there will be a new compound or a school or something  there.  Construction is everywhere.  They are preparing for the 2020 or 2018 (can't remember at the moment) World Cup. 

So, it's 7:15 am.  I woke up at 6 am to a virtual skating rink in the hallways...the air conditioner broke, and the humidity caused condensation that was more like a pool of water.  Good times at 6 am.  Fortunately, maintenance is awesome and is 24/7, so they climbed up on the roof?? and fixed it.  By 6:30 I was moping and using the squeegee on the floors.

After work today, my mission to try and visits some schools for Sergey.  Hopefully one of them has room still.  If not, I'll check them out and then put him on a waiting list.  He's going to come with me to work and hang in the the library and then go to lunch with me, then I'll take him over to the Olympic size pool or gym, whichever he wants.  It's a short-ish day.  Work is 9-2:30....but then there is the bus ride, and the buses run on Ensha Allah time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment