Thursday, August 30, 2012

End of Work Week #1!

So, it's Thursday evening, and work is over for the week.  We were all saying how odd that sounds/feels and yet we are all exhausted from information overload.  This evening we had a planned outing to the student center.  There is a clubhouse, rec center, and student center.  The clubhouse has a driver that we call and he picks us up at no cost which is awesome.  They have an outdoor pool, which we used yesterday late afternoon and was quite warm.  It also has 3 restaurants, gym, squash courts, massages, hot tubs, etc.  Best part....all is free (except food, but it's subsidized by the company, so dinner, drinks, and desert for both Sergey and I was the equivalent of $10.50 yesterday).

The rec center I haven't really checked out...I've only seen the bank, and that was an accident...I was looking for the cafeteria of the school and ended up in the bank.  Actually, it was rather convenient as I needed to exchange $$'s.

So tonight we went to the student center.  The architecture is outrageous.  I'll be posting some photos in a minute.  In addition to what is shown in the pictures, there is a huge indoor soccer pitch (aka field), indoor basketball courts, and volleyball courts, an Apple Store, and convenient store, and two restaurants, one being Papa John's and they deliver.  There is also a game room with table tennis, pool, foosball,  etc.  Again, except for the food....free to employees.

Tomorrow we are taking a break and staying home.  Sophie is dysregulated from us being gone so much in this new home.  We only need to run to Lu Lu's Market, which the driver will take us to if I call.

I almost forgot that Sergey had an interview at ACS (American Community School) and he rocked it.  He really did.  I was impressed.  I really hope he gets in as it's only 2 year's old and so while the lower school is full, the 8th grade will have a maximum of 40 students this year, two classes, and they aren't at capacity yet.

Now I'll add some pictures....the first ones are Sergey waiting for the bus.  I'll write again after our trip to go swimming in the Persian Gulf at a 5* hotel on Saturday.  There is also a really cool pool there which is kept chilled.







 World's largest Tetris Game???


 A little zen garden at the student center.
 The wall in the back is all marble.  It's amazing in person.
 Strike in the 10th frame!
 Outside of the student center...camera is crap at night. Sorry
 Across the street from the student center
 Sergey and our new neighbor, Logan, from NZ.




1 comment:

  1. Wow! It sounds like you guys are settling in nicely! I can really tell how wealthy the country is just by your pictures. Well, try to stay cool and keep on updating your blog. I enjoy following along! ~Jen

    ReplyDelete